Five Signs It’s Time for a New Mattress
How do you know when it is time for a new mattress? Is it the number of years you’ve had it? Is it the number of people who have used it? Or is it by how you are sleeping on it? We are here to help you figure out if it is time for a new mattress. Here are a few key signs that can signal it is time for a new mattress.
- 8 years – Consumer Reports recommends that a mattress only be used for 7 to 10 years. Many people think that a mattress is good for the length of the mattress warranty, which can be around 20 years. This just isn’t so. If you are concerned about remembering how long you’ve had your mattress, we recommend writing the purchase date on the mattress tag.
- Squeaks and creaks – If your mattress or box spring make noises when you move, it is time for a new mattress. The sounds you are hearing are broken springs inside the mattress or box spring. This makes for a noisy and uncomfortable night’s sleep.
- Aches and pains – Neck and back pain in the morning that gets better as the day progresses is a sure sign it is time for a new mattress. It is likely that your current mattress is worn down to the point that you are sleeping on springs, which then irritates pressure points in your back and neck. If you don’t believe your mattress is worn down but you are still waking up in pain, it is also possible that you are sleeping on a mattress with the wrong firmness. In this case, you could still benefit from a new mattress with the correct firmness so you can get a better night’s sleep.
- Not feeling rested – If you are feeling tired throughout the day, it is possible you are spending your night tossing and turning trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in.
- Sagging – A telltale sign it is time for a new mattress is that you can visibly see a sag in your mattress.
Getting a good night’s sleep is very important for your overall health and happiness. A good night’s sleep begins with a good quality mattress and box spring. If any of these five signs above sound like you, then we recommend you stop by Green Dream Beds in Durham, North Carolina to find a new mattress and get a better night’s sleep.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!